Sunday, September 6, 2009

Le Jardin du Luxembourg

Wednesday September 2, 2009 – Luxembourg Gardens

Every time I see a flower shop, which is every few blocks, I think of my Mom so... this one's for you Mom:



Today I had class in the afternoon, so I decided to visit the Luxembourg Gardens with Rema. Now up until today, we have walked around Paris and rode the metro for hours and hours evaluating french women and their clothing, feeling very dissatisfied for sticking out not only for our loud broken french accents but for our American wardrobes too! So, today we decided (and tried really hard) to look as French as possible…and then proceeded to be as touristy as ever during our photo shoot below:


While in the garden, we hear this loud alarm like what I have only heard in WWII Nazi movies…only slightly more frightening to hear in person… But none of the French people around us seem to be phased at all so I guess we are safe, right? Apparently, every Wednesday at noon the alarm sounds as a test; similar to the alarms on the TV occasionally back home…only here followed by sheer terror and panic-evoking thoughts of an approaching enemy attack. This will take some getting used to.




Just another Wednesday in Paris. <3

1 comment:

  1. we LOVED Luxembourg gardens. We were just at the cabin, and showed my mom our pictures from Paris, and then she showes us her's from Jan. I think you will love the weather in Jan...........

    ReplyDelete