Saturday, September 26, 2009

Finale Dinner aka Red Meat At Last!

Friday September 25, 2009 - Finale Dinner

Tonight was the grand finale dinner of our orientation. We went to a really nice dinner at a restaurant on a boat on the Seine. We had to take the metro to the RER (the big trains) to a bus and then walk 20 minutes just to get there…but we had fun as a group! To start we had wine and some sort of mango-tasting cocktail. Our professors proposed many toasts before the meal began. PS I don't normally combine cocktails and professors in the same blog, ha, only in France!


The first course was a salmon tartar and salad. It definitely met my, um, sushi craving! It was definitely raw but really tasty mixed with onions, sprouts, and dill.


The main course was filet mignon with caramelized onions, potatoes, and more salad. It's official: I haven't had red meat in 5 weeks! I am not my doing part in the Irwin legacy, but I promise to do better.


Unfortunately, since we were such a large group we had to vote on a common menu and for dessert we had tiramisu instead of crème brulée! I mean, bonjoooooour, we aren’t studying in Italy for heaven’s sakes…but it was still okay. That just means I have an excuse to get one at the next restaurant I go to! Humph...But then again, I don't really look that disappointed.





Then time for karaoke…one of the professors sang a funny song and a bunch of people from our group sang too! Then upon leaving the restaurant, we depart on yet another journey to find the only open metro stop. About an hour later in my so-called “Paris go-to heels” I’ve nearly killed myself a half of a dozen times, we finally find the stop and low and behold I live off the same line; Grâce à Dieu I’ll make it home in one piece, minus my toes. See for yourself:


Good night!

6 comments:

  1. awe the pic of us turned out so cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. gggrrrrrl! I dont care how many toes you loose! Those are some sweet heels! jk! Please have all 10 when you return to the US! They are soo cute though! I am glad I was there when you found them! xoxoxoxo! Looks like you are having a good time! salmon tartar?? delish!

    ReplyDelete
  3. yep, those are dang cute. totally worth it! :) and you look SO upset about the tiramisu. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. The karaoke was probably greatly assisted by the cocktails

    ReplyDelete
  5. TOTALLY worth it! No blisters even!


    Haha, well Dad you'll be happy to know I must not have had enough because I was strictly a spectator!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Like I said. Gonna take a lot of alcohol

    ReplyDelete