Thursday, January 7, 2010

ssssssHIVER!

December 19-20, 2009 

Only good thing about freezing winter Paris: the Christmas Market! On the Champs Elysees beginning at the Place de la Concorde there is a huge Christmas Market every year in Paris, as is the case elsewhere throughout the city, with vin chaud (warm, sweet wine), Nutella beignets (a warm melt-in-your mouth donut filled with Nutella) and gauffres (like a big warm waffle) to taste!



L'Arc du Triomphe



Visiting the Musee d'Orsay is one of my favorites...this was a building block up to the Louvre. A friend told me that if you were to look at each piece at the Louvre for 30 seconds you would be there for 3 months...ughhhhh




An evening in Bercy Village! I had never been here before but it is super cute and kind of off the beaten path. There are rows of cute shops and cafes. 





Bercy Village Park: just to illustrate how cold it was/is. I look freezing period, but I saw some kids playing on the ice in the frozen fountains. It was sss-s-s-s-so bbbb-b-b-beautiful. (that's my teeth chattering fyi)



2 comments:

  1. I LOVE that last picture of the ice with leaves! I think Granny should paint it! ...what do you think??? ;) Great pics! Looks like an amazing time! Love you and miss you! Call me this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. they look like the leaves in our front yard - sycamore

    ReplyDelete