Sunday, January 10, 2010

The Happiest Place ...in France!

Tuesday December 22, 2009 - Disneyland Paris

I know it's not very French, but I was happy to indulge in some American-ness.  EuroDisney is only about 40 minutes outside of central Paris by RER train. It was freeeeeeeezing the day that I went and in good ol' Californian style all of the lines were still outdoors. You would think they would change some things at least to make it weather appropriate... Anyways it looks almost just like Disneyland back home. So I loved it!!




More frozen ponds...but this one had the cutest little ducks walking on the ice. I stood and talked to them for at least 10 minutes...


I went to the Mickey and Minnie on Ice show in the afternoon. It was cute and cheesy and definitely for children apparently, but I loved it!

The rides were pretty much all the same and I never had to wait longer than 20 minutes at most. I went on Buzz Lightyear, Space Mountain, the Haunted Mansion, Pirates, Indiana Jones (which was actually a roller coaster and NOT a bouncy jeep ride), Back to the Future, and It's a Small World.
I stayed all day till the Christmas Parade, but by then I was so cold and miserable I needed to go home; my toes were frozen!! While I was watching the parade, a French family near me was talking to me and saying how surprised they were to find an American at EuroDisney...well I can see why; ours' has sunshine! and ice cream! and heat! and SUNSHINE! I guess I'm not in Anaheim any more.

2 comments:

  1. Omg Space Mountain aaaand Pirates?! It's been way too long since I've hit up good ol' D-land. I'm jealous! And I love the ducks! LOL. I would've been right there with you chattin 'em up. (Unless they came too close, of course. That's a totally different story.) Animals are lovely from afar. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now the posts are flowing........ 2010 is looking much better

    ReplyDelete