Monday, October 12, 2009

La Nuit Blanche

Saturday October 3, 2009 – La Nuit Blanche

In high school, my French teacher explained une nuit blanche as “une nuit sans dormir” or “a night without sleeping”. Every year Paris throws a huge all-nighter called La Nuit Blanche, complete with various attractions and artistic exhibits all over the city that are open all night long. Overall, it was basically a Disneyland crowd all over the city of Paris; I swear I didn’t even know this many people lived here! But, we had a list of event s to see and started with a star exhibit in the Luxembourg gardens…it was a disco ball hanging from an orange construction crane with a spot light on it with a one hour line to “experience” it. Um moving along, we headed to Châtelet. Crowds everywhere!! In the midst of things, we find a most likely not sober tight-ish rope walker that was going to give me a heart attack! I know I’m such a mom!




We decided to get a snack at a café, you know, right in front of Notre Dame. I still can’t get over that I’m here. Notre Dame at night is so beautiful! Ahhh…




My favorite metro stop, Arts et Métiers: It is completely bronze plated with huge crank gears built into the ceiling of the tunnel. Please enjoy also the gentleman in the foreground…oh wait it was actually a woman! Ew.

Hôtel de Ville...and a few people.
Back to the exhibits, well since everything had a line that was at least an hour and it was freeeezing, we just accepted the fact that it wasn’t going to happen. But wait! The Kiss! The line is so short, why not! (Red flag) Okay, so The Kiss is a ten minute short film of a couple making out on a bus. NOT a Hollywood, celebrity good-looking, good lighting, and spotless tour bus kiss…no, more like your average TMI PDA moment on public transportation! Haha, at least we participated in something, right?
BTW TMI= too much information and PDA= public display of affection oh and BTW= by the way :)

Being the mom that I am, I was in bed by about 1a.m. Good night!

No comments:

Post a Comment